Return to the Canna Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
seed results?

Posted by marcia_pa5 PA5_FL9b S.SarasotaC (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 25, 11 at 11:37

Have you gotten any nice flowers/leaves from plants you grew from seed? Do you have photos to share? I have some seeds from a no-name purchased-from-Lowe's pink canna that I thought I'd plant this winter, just for fun :-)
Marcia

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: seed results??

Guess no one has photos so I'll just bump this post down.
Marcia

o
RE: seed results?

Mine have not flowered yet. I started these at the end of summer. I am looking forward to seeing if they are like the parents or something different.
Photobucket

o

I planted about 2 dozen seed this past spring, outside. There were 3 plants that grew. No flowers. Since zone 5 winter is setting in, the tubers are now in the garage to keep them from freezing. Perhaps next year there will be flowers, assuming the tubers survive.

o

Thanks for sharing your experiences. I might start the seeds after Christmas from the shorter pink canna but I'm running out of room in our small yard--and cannas really like to spread themselves out :)
Marcia

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Canna Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here