Return to the Canna Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
!st year flowers

Posted by june_2007 5 Missouri (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 24, 11 at 15:21

Hi I hope you can help me here. I bought a couple dozen Cannas this past spring. They did not flower. If I dig them up and store them for the winter, will they flower next year? I was in hopes of getting a lot of seeds to expand this area of our daughters memorial garden. If they are not going to put on flowers, I need to figure something else.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: !st year flowers

June,
Typically all our hybrid garden cannas should bloom in your growing area by mid to late summer if basic growing conditions are met. Planting date and sun requirements may be a factor.
Do you know the name of the cultivars you planted? Keep in mind that not all our hybrid cannas produce viable seed and the seedlings will not likely be a clone of its parent. By storing and dividing your plants you should be able to rapidly expand your garden.
Kent

o
RE: !st year flowers

last year I bought a couple of Bird of Paradise, they too never bloomed nor got taller than 3 feet!
...they grew very wide very fast but never bloomed :(

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Canna Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here