Return to the Canadian Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Autumn tasks?

Posted by mora 6b (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 20, 06 at 17:49

Have you put any projects off for the summer thinking that there will be loads of time, and now fall is looming (big time)and butt has to be kicked?

Is it true time goes faster the older you get? M

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Autumn tasks?

You bet! Seems there is too much to do in July & August outside of the garden. We had four weddings to attend in the last two months!
I'm still hoping to get projects done in cooler weather.
*Plants to be planted .... somewhere!
*Hyertufa to be constructed for a dozen rock garden starts.
*Renovate a rock garden. That means digging out what plants are still retrievable after three years of twitch grass infestation!
*Move ornamental grasses to a more suitable area. Find a pleasing plan for the dozen or more species I've grown or bought.
*Make a new garden for the three dozen Hibiscus plants grown from seed.
And so on, and so on.......I'm trying not to stress too much about it!
sam

o
RE: Autumn tasks?

Ooooh... those days are getting too short now Mora!! Are you getting things done?

Hope the rain holds off for the weekend. I have to plant at least 15 plants, not counting the 20+ baby hostas from this year. Could be go-go-go here this weekend!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Canadian Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here