Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wendy2shoes

Free 2 litres and flats

wendy2shoes
12 years ago

I'm in Oakville, if anyone would like to pick them up. Approx 150 bottles and maybe 20 flats. My garden is stuffed, and I'm too busy learning how to walk again (don't ever fracture your foot!)

Pop me an email if you would like them.

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:540633}}

Comments (5)

• greylady_gardener
    12 years ago

Wendy, I hope your foot is healing well. :)

• wendy2shoes
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Slowly but surely healing. It was my heel, fractured into 5-6 chunks. It's all bolted back together, and the hardware is permanent. I haven't had a full night's sleep since I had my last percocet in November. Gov't crackdown on painkillers means all doctors are afraid to prescribe them now.
    I might be looking at my poppies as something more than decorative now..;O)
    Thanks for the concern. I think my gardening this year is going to be taking care of all the volunteer seedlings that will be coming up since I couldn't do a fall clean up!
    Looking forward to spring tho' I did break down and order a newish ricin from Seeds and More,,Castor Zanzibar Palm. It's supposed to get 10-12 foot tall! I like 'statement' plants!
    Wendy.

• greylady_gardener
    12 years ago

Oh my goodness, Wendy! I can't even imagine. Sounds like it must have been a very brutal accident.
    Only you know how much pain you are in and if you need pain meds then you should be very firm about conveying that to your doctor. (yikes that sounded like a lecture..sorry! :))
    I have seen pics of the Zanzibar and it is impressive! I have tried to grow castor beans and do not have much success. Last year was my best and I got a green no name one (seeds given to me as just 'green leafed') to get to about two feet tall and it got one flower. I got seeds from it--one seed pod so I think it was three seeds. I did get some seeds for one marked 'red leaf' in a swap last fall, so I am looking forward to growing them. I had planned originally to grow castor beans in the hope that their large leaves would shade the west facing windows in my sunroom. It gets extremely hot in there in the summer. This year I am going to grow tall sunflowers and see if they do better. I got seeds for 'giant grey stripe'. I need it to grow at least ten feet so I hope it does. I keep seeing different info for them. some sites say 8' and other sites say 10-12' I am going to give them the best conditions I can. If I do have success with the castor beans also, then I will plant them both.

best wishes for continued healing and a good gardening year with your volunteers. :)
    Lois
    p.s.--I know you have heard this from others, but I wanted to say that even though I was excited when I originally read about WS on the wintersown.org site, when I came here, your posts, enthusiasm and pics really inspired me! :)

• luckynes13
    12 years ago

I have grown castor seeds and have a few seeds I saved. I find they grow better in the back lower part of my garden than the front. Same seed different sizes in different places in my garden. Some were 3 feet high and some were 12 feet.
    Wendy, I hope you feel better soon. Surgery has been slowing me down lately too.

Nes

• ninamarie
    11 years ago

I have a friend who used poppy seeds from his garden extensively. He made the seeds into what he called a nasty tasting tea that he said was very effective for physical aches and pains. At the end of the summer, when he stopped using the poppy tea, he said that he experienced withdrawal symptoms akin to withdrawal from caffeine - a headache that persisted for a day or two.

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner