Return to the Canadian Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
what's everyone doing?

Posted by celtic-07 3b (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 27, 12 at 13:02

Hi there doesn't seem to be any activity at the site Anyone started seeds yet? Lois

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: what's everyone doing?

Hi Lois,
I am mainly waiting for more favourable conditions for WS. every time we get any cold temps or snow, it is gone in a day or two and it warms up and becomes downright balmy, and pours rain in buckets. Lots of muddy feet (eight big ones) several times a day when the dogs go out for their bathroom break!~ :)

I have made up my list of possibilities, but it is so big that it needs to be 'revised'. I really need to get those perennials out there asap! I also had some houseplants that I intended to get planted this winter (inside of course LOL), but they are still sitting there. A very busy last few months, just not busy with planting. :) what have you been doing? :)

Lois

o

Hi Lois -such a great name not heard lots
I am hoping to start some perennials staring in Feb. This will be the first time attempting this.I have tons of seeds saved some from last year and this year- unable to plant any last year as shoulder was fractured and had the last? surgery done this xmas ( total replacement).Have lots of large mixed greens plastic containers.
Can't wait to get started need to get starter soil still. Everyones pics are very encouraging.
take care Lois

o

wow, Lois! it sounds like you have had a very painful time. I hope you are on your way to a quick and complete recovery now and that it is all behind you.

well it was not the greatest day to WS but the mood hit (and I had the time! :)) so out went some containers. Planted gaillardia 'arizona', gaillardia 'mesa yellow', lupinus perennis and pink, fig leafed hollyhock. columbine 'cearulis'.
I may do a few more perennials, but the rest will probably be annuals. At least they can wait a while.

Very mild out there today--8 degrees. I hope it cools a bit for the sake of my WS!

o

I planted several containers last weekend, but only have 10 containers altogether. I've really slowed down on winter sowing in the past couple of years. I do a lot of annuals in late March, early April, though, and that will be the bulk of my WSing this year.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Canadian Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here