gwynpd

3packs of seeds for a dollar

Gwyn
15 years ago

Have been paying $1 or $2 for a pack of seeds at CT

Was quite excited to find 3packs for $1 at Dollarama...have to go back again

Comments (19)

• gardeng8

Our dollarama has items of different prices now too....must pay attention...these stores are always busy though...everyone is looking for a deal.
    Thanks Tiffy for the heads up on the Dwarf Sweet William and the PC Better than Bonemeal product...I'll try to snag some of both today! Have a great one...rainy but warm(ish) in sw Ont.

• gardeng8

No luck with the Dwarf Sweet William at any of our local Dollarama stores...and no luck at our Superstore for the Better than Bonemeal product...I imagine it will be full price come spring...I'll keep looking though.

• gardeng8

Thanks sboricic...I may have to wander past a Home Hardware today just in case they have something I might need...(oops, want)

• gardeng8

Our dollarama has items of different prices now too....must pay attention...these stores are always busy though...everyone is looking for a deal.
    Thanks Tiffy for the heads up on the Dwarf Sweet William and the PC Better than Bonemeal product...I'll try to snag some of both today! Have a great one...rainy but warm(ish) in sw Ont.

• gardeng8

No luck with the Dwarf Sweet William at any of our local Dollarama stores...and no luck at our Superstore for the Better than Bonemeal product...I imagine it will be full price come spring...I'll keep looking though.

• gardeng8

Thanks sboricic...I may have to wander past a Home Hardware today just in case they have something I might need...(oops, want)

• gardeng8

• gardeng8

• gardeng8

• greylady_gardener
    15 years ago

Hey gwyn, I just got home from shopping and was at dollarama. I got six packs of seeds, but as I didn't need veggie seeds (although I did get some kholrabi and cherry belle radishes), it was hard to find flowers....my dollarama had mostly veggies.
    Hopefully other stores have more selection.
    gg
    who is disappointed to see that dollarama is becoming a store that is not really a dollar store any more! :(

• tiffy_z5_6_can
    15 years ago

If you ever go to the dollar store again, look for the Dwarf Sweet Willimas. They are gorgeous!! They grow about 7 inches tall and are great for the border. I will never be without them again. That's where I got the original seeds a couple of years ago and am starting to have quite the spread in the gardens.

Oh, and something else you gals might like to look into. PC Better Than Bonemeal. For some unknown reason this product is being carried in the floral department of our Superstore - your Loblaws? in Ontario - at this time of year and it is 1/2 the price at $4.44 for a bag. I have bought 6 bags in the last few grocery shopping trips. It's the only product I buy in such a form to add to the gardens in the spring and it has never failed me. So heads-up!! :O)

• greylady_gardener
    15 years ago

Thanks for the reminder tiffy! I forgot about that (the better than bonemeal) We do have Superstore here in SW ont. also so will make sure i make the trip to see if our store has it.
    Had to run out for dog food last night and since Pet Valu is right near dollarama, I popped in to see if I had missed the dwarf sweet william. They did have more seeds out, but just more of the same...no dwarf sweet william.
    I did get some 'super duplex double' sweet william a couple of weeks ago from WM so am anxious to grow them.
    gg

• Gwyn
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Went back and got some more seeds at the Dollarama.
    Yes they do carry more veggies than flowers.

However considering we had a long weekend, did not get around to WSing...will try to get them out this weekend

• poppy88
    15 years ago

Hi,
    I got some margigold a few years ago from Dollarama,and they grow really well too. Being new I don't know how sweet william look but I will google it... and maybe run to Dollarama on the way home tonight.

• greylady_gardener
    15 years ago

Hey Poppy88
    do get some. I love it!! It is a biennial though so no blooms until next year. They are definitely worth the wait.
    gg

• sboricic
    15 years ago

Home Hardware usually has a better price on seeds than Canadian Tire or Home Depot. They carry OSC seeds rather than the more expensive McKenzie seeds. Most are under a $2 a pack if you're looking for others that Dollarama doesn't stock.

• gladzoe
    15 years ago

Zellers has also carried the OSC seeds.

• greylady_gardener
    15 years ago

I was just in one of our HHs and found some of their seeds (probably last year's) for 30 cents a pack. Not a huge flower variety, again mostly veggies, but I did pick up some radishes and some african daisies and a morning glory mix.
    (never enough seeds you know!! lol!)
    gg

• dmalyco_yahoo_com
    13 years ago

I bought 2 packs of cucumbers and a pack of tomato starfire improved to test. After 2 weeks, I finally see cotyledons. Hope that the end result will be good.

Here is a link that might be useful: Photo of the cucumbers and tomato cotyledons

Sponsored
Miller Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Franklin County's Trusted Custom Cabinetry Solutions