Return to the Canadian Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's the story with 'Chilean Glory Vine'?

Posted by wendy2shoes z6 S ON (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 3, 08 at 22:07

I can't seem to get these seeds to germinate, and I've been trying for three years now. First year I probably sowed too early, second year later, no results, last year in May with nothing. Anyone have any advice?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's the story with 'Chilean Glory Vine'?

Hi Wendy:
I have some seeds of this vine and was wondering how to deal with it. I clipped this advice from someone on another forum:

"I live in zone 3a and started this plant from seed March 22 in my north facing bedroom window and it germinated in about 2 weeks. It started climbing the screen ( screen is on the inside of the window) and by the middle of May it was about 12 inches high. I put it out in large 30 inch pots in full sun the beggining of June and it started to flower the end of July. Now the first of September it has about 300 blossums and is very attractive to the humminbirds. I will definitely grow this again next year."

I will follow this procedure because I don't know if it will WS well.
Northerner.

o

Hi Wendy and Northerner,
I have been growing these for 4 or 5 years now and haven't had any problems. I start them indoors mid March. I have found germination rate is lower than a lot of seeds so I just start more of them. Hope this helps.
Wendy

o

I've been trying to avoid starting anything indoors, but I thik I'll try with these. I love attracting the hummers, and I have an arbour I'd love to try them on. Thanks so much for the advice.

Wendy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Canadian Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here