Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
northerner_on

Busted!!!

northerner_on
14 years ago

Hi everyone: Haven't been on in a while because I am still pressing on with de-cluttering. Twenty-seven years is a l-o-n-g time!! As a result I have been pushing the envelope with my wintersowing and didn't start in earnest until March 4 (which last year was quite reasonable) and would you believe the temperature has shot up, there is no snow on my front lawn for the last two days, and it's above zero even overnight!! So there goes my winter sowing of perennials. I have been keeping my containers on the deck (North) out of the sun hoping I can prolong their 'cold' season. I have never seen such weather in Ottawa. Several of my perennials outside are sprouting: daffodils, tulips, helenium, daylilies, alliums, rhubarb, irises. I hope we have some more cold weather because there are some special perennials that need the cold strat. and I hate to think I have to put them in my fridge. Wendy, to think you have sprouts. So this will be a lesson to me: get all wintersown done by February because you never know when March will throw you a curve ball and be really warm. Happy Gardening, all.

Northerner.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm