Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
northerner_on

Ontario Gardeners - how's the weather?

northerner_on
12 years ago

Hello everyone:

This is the craziest spring I have ever been through. It got warm so early that I have been out in the yard weeding, moving things around, dividing, and doing some very heavy landscaping. It seemed (from the temperature) that it was time to start my annuals but, luckily I held off. Now, according to the calender, it's time for me to be starting my annuals and cold vegetables, but it's too cold. We had snow over the weekend and even yesterday. It's dipping below zero for most of the days this week, so I have been covering my containers especially with tender seedling like petunias, and I have annual grasses out which I have already replanted since their premature start in the warm period. So what's happening in your neck of the woods? I am quite disoriented because this is the time of year that I am usually quite busy, but I really can't do anything. This year was promising to be quite busy for me, because I am planning to try a few new veggies. and I'm not sure I'll have time for them. So how are you handling this situation?

Northerner.

Sponsored