Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
didzgarden

Mystery Sprout Surprise

didzgarden
13 years ago

It sounds like a bad meal in a school cafeteria!

So I have about 20 containers out there. Not a huge amount by some of the experts standards. But lots for me!

I just kept going this year, because I have this shoebox full of old seeds. (four to five years) and I couldn't just throw them out.

I wasnt very diligent about labelling. I wasn't counting on much coming up.

So now I have new sprouts popping every day, and almost all my markers are faded.*laughs* So I have a bit of a mystery garden going.

It's a good thing I'm putting in a lasagna bed. I'll just kind of make that a 'holding' bed for the things I don't know until they get big enough to identify themselves.

So what is up? That I know of:

Lupine

Poppies - a whole whack of poppies. I did a separate container of blue poppy. One sprout. One itty bitty sprout. Which Im babying, because I really really want this one.

Geum, Martha Washington?

Blue Flax

and I have about 3 other containers with sprouts. No idea what they are. I think one is Datura Fleur de Lilac, but Im not positive. *Grins*

I really didn't think I'd have much luck with these seeds! Resiliant little buggers!

Now I have new seeds of broccoli and spaghetti squash. Is it too late to do the broc? Too early for the squash? I was going to go for it, and then try again later for the squash if it rots.

Didz

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Moda Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Loudoun County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living