Return to the Canadian Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Nemophila - Penny Black - When to sow

Posted by hammonds_ns 6 (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 6, 09 at 18:09

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has grown this and when I might be able to sow it here in zone 6? I tried doing a search on the Canadian wintersowing board but I can't seem to access any of the results. Thanks for your help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Nemophila - Penny Black - When to sow

I sowed these last year on April 11 and had very good germination on April 25, so I guess in your zone you could plant them out right now. They were beautiful plants, flowered just like they were pictured on the packet, but I did not get any re-bloom. I will try shearing them back after the first bloom this year. I also found seed-collecting difficult and my seeds were not viable. Good luck!!

o
RE: Nemophila - Penny Black - When to sow

Thanks, northerner, this is what I was thinking as I was going through my seed packets to see which might be able to go out about now, so hopefully I can get them out this weekend! Looking forward to seeing how it turns out since if you say yours flowered like it looks on the packet it will be one pretty plant!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Canadian Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here