Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
northerner_on

Anyone planting out in Ontario??

northerner_on
14 years ago

Hello everyone, what's up? Is everyone so busy planting out? I did my first planting out today - one pot of petunias and one hanging basket of Nasturtium Alaska. I got the Nasties in a trade and WS'd the seeds because they looked a bit 'worn' but they all germinated and produced nice strong plants. I put one in my 'tree trunk' planter instead of the usual Lysmachia. I am looking forward to these petunias - I got the seed from a garden at Upper Canada Village. They were huge and a beautiful mix of colours so I hope they come true. We have had awafully cold weather here recently - frost for the last few morings and I lost my radishes which were doing quite well. Now I must replant. Suddenly this afternoon it became very warm - in the 20's - so I went out and started some planting and finished my 'moving'. It seems we always have to move after the 2nd year and the plant shows its true colours. This was a Monarda fistulosa which grew to over 5 feet in its second year - too tall for my 2 foot wide front bed, so it's now against my west fence. How's the weather out your way and what are you doing?

Northerner.

Comments (3)