Return to the Canadian Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Laggers

Posted by crazy_gardener ~Z2b~ AB Canada (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 30, 07 at 15:26

Any late laggers surprise you lately?
Just noticed the other day after all this wonderful rain we had over the last few days, the Penstemon confertus has finally sprouted! I'm so happy because I've tried this one a few times with no luck.

How about you have you had any laggers lately? Or have you dumped your containers already?
Do you store your non-sprouters out of the way incase they germinate next year?

Sharon

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Laggers

Yes, Sharon, I do have some laggers. I recently discovered a WS Astilbe sprout - it was the only one out of two containers and I found it because I decided to re-use the container to summer sow some of the same seed. That single WS sprout is potted up and coming along slowly, while all the summer sowed seeds have sprouted - but they are so small you can't do anything with them yet. Secondly, I was cleaning up last week and noticed that my Celone (turtle head) container has a little seedling in it. I hope it's a plant but will have to find some time to id it. I am still planting out 2nd year blooming perennials and making beds for them. I do keep my containers going as long as I can e.g. my roses are still going in case they take more than one year...don't know if they do. Last week I dumped my delphiniums - I think they are finniky.
Northerner.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Canadian Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here