Return to the Canadian Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for Pasque Flower

Posted by northerner_on Z5A ONCanada (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 24, 07 at 2:03

I fell in love with this little gem in a garden here, but cannot seem to be able to locate any here in Ontario. I understand that they are native to the prairies, and that they are difficult to grow from seed, so I am prepared to buy or exchange plants. Does anyone know of a mail order nursery that I can get them from - perhaps one in the West? I have tried the Web with no success.Thanks.
Northerner.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for Pasque Flower

Hi Northerner,
I have both white and purple pasque flower(pulsatila vulgaris) in my garden. I started them from seed with no problems whatsoever.They flowered after a year.
My plants are only a year old and not big enough to divide but I do have seeds for the white one if you are interested. Unfortunately the garden critters got to my purple ones and ran off with the seed heads before I could collect the seeds! Gardens North (http://gardensnorth.com)sell several varieties of seed for the pasqueflower.
Cheers, Wendy

o

Hi Wendy,
Thanks for the info. Gardens North is very close to me and
I will get some seeds from them. But having to wait a year for them to bloom seems so long, but I'm sure it'll be worth it. I'll still be looking for some divisions or plants if available. I just love those little beauties. Thanks agian.
Northerner.

o

• Posted by meshe 5 seaside Maine (My Page) on
    Sun, Aug 26, 07 at 10:13

Hi, Northerner.
You can find three colors of Pasque Flower at www.highcountrygardens.com

They are located in Santa Fe.

o

Thanks for the link, Meshe. I'll contact them to see if they can ship to Canada. It's nice to have a visitor from the US on our site. Welcome!!
Northerner.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Canadian Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here