Return to the Canadian Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Container clasp idea

Posted by xtreme_gardener 1b (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 5, 07 at 2:32

I just thought I'd share my idea for clasping the end of mini greenhouse flats while I'm thinking of it.

I used spring loaded paper clips...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I found duck tape was inconvenient and after opening it a few times it wouldn't restick because it would get wet from condensation. I get alot of wind in my yard and these worked really well. I left duck tape on the one end I didn't need to open though and it worked fine. :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Container clasp idea

Great idea Xtreme. Thanks for sharing. How neat your trays are! Do these trays work well for winter sowing? Is there enough 'head' room for the seedlings?

o
RE: Container clasp idea

Thanks Northerner :)
This year was my first try at WSing and I probably did more than half of my sowing in these trays. They seemed to work fine and I had good germination. They were also convenient for watering. I had some moss growth, but the plants were ok. I think I'll make bigger drainage holes next year. I managed to find some covers that are twice as high as the one in the photo though and I'll be using those next year for some seeds. Some things out grew their head room and others were so much slower germinating that it was no problem. I remember Clarkia and Dames rockets outgrew them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Canadian Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here