Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
northerner_on

Some additions to my garden

northerner_on
15 years ago

Hello everyone:

I've finally got around to loading some of my pics. on to Photobucket and would like to share some of the 'newbies' in my garden this year. I was plagued with slugs and earwigs this year and you will be sure to see some of thire 'handy work'!!

I finally got some poppies by direct sowing after all my WS transplants died. These are opium poppies. Quite different.

{{gwi:541634}}

{{gwi:541635}}

These are some poppies from a neighbour which seemed double in her garden last year, but maybe don't come true from seed:

{{gwi:541636}}

This is an 'almost black' hollyhock, and I'm not sure where I got it. I think it's a mutation because I would not select an 'almost black' flower.

{{gwi:541637}}

Deep burgundy holly hock. My DH colected these seeds while visiting our in-laws.

{{gwi:541638}}

This is a little annual called Dimorphotheca (African Daisy) which is blooming continuously since it started in early summer.

{{gwi:541639}}

This is the first year I grew petunias other than my standard white and pale yellow. These came from a friend on the exchange forum and were quite facinating to me. They are quite small - very little bigger than callibrochias.

{{gwi:423832}}

{{gwi:423837}}

These are my first Aquilegia blooms from WS 2006:

{{gwi:411740}}

And thanks to Tiffy, I finally got a WS Astilbe to bloom - the only one out of two which survived the winter:

{{gwi:541641}}

I got these seeds from a neighbour and though they were White Swan, but now I realize they are Jade, with the green tips on the petals. Very long lasting like other Coneflowers.

{{gwi:541642}}

I have never been able to get Sweet Peas to grow and flower until this year. This Monarch liked them as much as I did:

{{gwi:344401}}

More to come later.

Northerner.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!