Return to the Canadian Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Chilean Glory Vine (Finale)

Posted by northerner_on Z5A ONCanada (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 15, 08 at 6:00

Hello everyone:
There have been a few threads about this plant on quite a few Forums so here is my experience. The seeds were sown March 26 indoors; excellent germination April 5. Contined to grow under lights and in window until spring. Moved outside to harden off. Planted out to a large pot June 25 and nothing seemed to happen until I put in a fabricated trellis. It then took off and has been blooming since Aug 18. This is a very heavy bloomer and has produced some interesting seed pods. I will definitely grow this again, but will be sure to provide a trellis as soon as I plant it out. I thought that, like some other vines, it would just grow and sprawl itself out, but it seems to need something to 'hold on to'. Here is a pic. of a few of the blooms.
Northerner.

Chilean Glory Vine

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Chilean Glory Vine (Finale)

Good to know that it worked for someone! :) I planted it and it just fizzled out! I hope to try again next year. Love the blooms! I saw a plant at our local nursery and it was smothered in blossoms even though the plant wasn't all that large---in a small pot with just a small support.
gg

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Canadian Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here