shlisten
17 years ago

yeah thats me up here in Toronto!

{{gwi:541872}}

{{gwi:541874}}

Comments (12)

• marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario
    17 years ago

Hmmm, better looking than my daughter and son-in-law's wall of beer cases! :>

• claubill
    17 years ago

Look at all those bottles. What do you do to punch the holes? Or do you slice in the opening on the side?

• Crazy_Gardener
    17 years ago

Do you have shares in Coke? LOL

Wow, that is complusive!

• phyl345
    17 years ago

o.k., they appear to be in the basement now, but where do you put all of them after you plant your seeds??? do you have a winter picture?

• madawaska
    17 years ago

Planting the seeds would be one thing, but finding homes for all the babies --- wow! Keep us posted on your progress. ;-)

• marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario
    17 years ago

Phyl, the first one shows them on her deck. I've seen some of her pictures before and i think that's where all her containers are kept in the winter. Sure makes for a tidy look, eh?

This is what mine look like in winter:
    {{gwi:541876}}

• peatpod
    17 years ago

Shlisten .. where do you get all of the pop bottle crates?? I would love to have those.

Laura

• tiffy_z5_6_can
    17 years ago

I do the pop bottles too and really like them.

Claubill,
    For holes in the bottom, I used a soldering iron. Got one at the flea market for $2.00 and it does the trick just fine.

Laura,
    I just asked a Coke delivery guy one day for some crates as he was unloading. He told me he'd be inside the store for a few minutes, and while he wasn't watching to take what was on the edge of the truck. LOL!!

I also got some from a corner store where the owner was quite happy to hand them over.

Used to be there was a deposit on them of $5.00. Stores would have to pay a deposit of $5.00/crate upon receipt, and this deposit would be returned to them when Coke/Pepsi got the empty crate back. When I first started winter sowing, the deposit policy existed, and they were hard to get. Now it's not so much an issue since the deposit policy is no longer there.

Shlisten,

Do I see labels still on your bottles? Do you leave them on?

• skraps
    17 years ago

great idea . Looks like you may have a problem,but nice one to have.

• Crazy_Gardener
    17 years ago

{{gwi:541878}}
    I hope your computer desk doesn't look like this. LOL

• tabbycat55
    17 years ago

Shlisten.....those are inspiring pictures! Now I know where to put my pop bottles this winter. Just need to find some cases.

tabbycat

• wendy2shoes
    17 years ago

Hmmm..been spying those crates out beside the dumpsters at the 7-11, been sorely tempted to liberate them. (Dressed in Ninja outfit at five in the morning in a dark car with no lights on). I'd be caught..see myself in video replay on the six o'clock news.
    It may still happen. Wintersowers=anarchist (as far as plastic re-cyclable items that will really help me out this winter!) I'll post (maybe) if I get the nerve.

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?