Return to the Canadian Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My 'starting' list

Posted by greylady-gardener (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 28, 07 at 7:59

I have been pouring over seeds and planning what to WS and have finally decided that if I don't stop making lists and changing them every day, I will never get anything planted at all! LOL. Not sure exactly when it is that I will do the actual planting, but I have made a final (!:)) list of what I plan to "START" with and here it is:

Clematis--Jackmanii
White birch
mountain ash
golden chain tree
columbine--dark red
columbine--red star
columbine--light blue
snapdragons--pink
hardy geranium--"hope" it is wargrave pink
verbascum--white blush (I believe)
sweet pea
sweet william--sootie
china aster--double pink
larkspur--blue
hosta--noid
gaillardia--burgundy
hollyhock--single-apricot
thyme--magic carpet
impatiens--balfourii
chilean glory vine
rose--Sir Wilfrid Laurier

Now does anyone that has more experience with WS see any glaring mistakes here? Is everything a good candidate for WS. Any and all advice is gratefully appreciated! :)
thanks,
Lois

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My 'starting' list

Lois - I am wintersowing for the first year so certainly not an expert, but I direct sow columbine, larkspur and hollyhocks so I think they will be okay. And I am wintersowing delphinium, hardy geranium and verbascum this year. I am using the wintersown organization's lists for zone 5, you can access them from wintersown.org, or I have the list for zone 5 and can send to you if you like. I would just want to check the impatiens and chilean glory vine. Happy sowing! thehills

Here is a link that might be useful: Wintersown Organization Seed Lists

o
RE: My 'starting' list

Thanks for the info. I have saved the site and will give it a good look over when I get the chance.
Lois

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Canadian Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here