Return to the Canadian Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New echinacea Cheyenne Spirit

Posted by ontnative 5b Can/USDA 4 (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 11, 12 at 21:47

We just received our William Dam Seeds catalogue, and I see there is a new echinacea listed, named Cheyenne Spirit, AAS Winner 2013. Comes in a variety of colours and supposed to have "remarkable vigour". 24" high. Seeds are not cheap, but I might give it a try.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New echinacea Cheyenne Spirit

• Posted by wmc1 s/w Ontario Sarnia (My Page) on
    Sun, Dec 16, 12 at 12:10

Got mine from Stokes Seeds. $6.96 for 10

o

W.Dam has 7+ seeds for $6.75 or 25 for $12.95. I would rather buy an actual plant (that I can see the colour, etc.) than try to grow this from seed, but still considering the "seed route". We usually buy our veggie seeds from this source, so could just tack on the flower seeds to the order.

o

And will you be doing a wintersow of Cheyenne Spirit?
Caroline

o

Haven't placed my order with William Dam yet. I may just wait until spring when the nurseries will likely have these plants for sale "in the flesh" so to speak.

o

I sowed mine inside end of January, with only ten seeds I was hesitant to winter sow them. Out of ten seeds only 4 have germinated . I hope to have them blooming this year.

Good luck to everyone who winter sows them.

o

Hi carib2008

I am wondering if you had luck with your E. Cheyenne Spirit?
If so, do you have any photos?

Anyone else?

Thnx. Rina

This post was edited by rina_ on Tue, Nov 12, 13 at 0:46

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Canadian Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here