Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
missa_gw

HAVE: Parting with my nepenthes....

missa
18 years ago

This is a message that was originally posted in the plant exchange forum ( moments ago) and though tide cover all bases and add it here too!

Hi there! Ive loved carnivorous plants ever since i was a little kid. My facination with them never went away but Ive decided i need to make a sacrifice and use the 20 gallon aquarium as a seeds sprouting source. As we all are strugling financially.... i just cant afford to use all/any the grow lights ive used in the past and/or perovide any heat source. so im gonna have to cram what i can in a 20 gallon aquarium and depend upon that light as a light source and a heat source.. Im donating plants for a non-prof organization this May and this is the cause for my parting of my beloved nepenthes. Im not exactly sure which ones i have but im pretty sure what i have is nepenthes sanguinea and nepenthes alata. One of them is about 2 feet tall/long and have 5-6 inch pitchers on it. The other is about 14 + inches tall and also has large pitchers. Ive had them for about 4 years. I can send pics if requested. Ive neglected them a little as far as trimming the dead growth the last month or two but they look nice.

Im looking for named varieties of japanese iris, louisiana iris, bamboo, Lotus (aquatic)yellow lady slippers, or violets. please see my trade/wish list as that should give you an idea what im looking for. Please make me a reasonable offer.

I really dont have any other plants to trade at this moment as i live in zone 5 in mass and we are in the middle of winter and the ground is frozen, but i do have a few starts of australian jumping violets and bits and pieces of LIVE SPAGNUM MOSS, not in the greatest of shape but will spring back nicely and is mixed in with another moss that i assume is a aquatic moss also, its kinda neat as well.. (this will be coming from the floor of the 20 gallon.-

Missy

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner