Return to the Carnivorous Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
3 Year Old Nepenthes Sanguinea

Posted by Xymox CA (filthy_xymox@yahoo.com) on
Fri, Jan 28, 05 at 13:09

This plant was purchased from Dean Cook on December the 1st, 2004. i never had experience with terrariums before. I grow this plant with cool flourecent light bulbs at all times. no terrairium needed and it grows pithers long as 3" inches long.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 3 Year Old Nepenthes Sanguinea

Very nice plant! I'm getting one soon. By the way, what size/watt lights are you using?

o

This is the same Nepenthes in present Health. I do not grow this plant under lights anymore. i grow it in a window sill that provides 2-3 hours of mourning sun. I found that when growned in a windowsill, it is better to mist the plant atleast 2 times a day to create high humidity and large pitchers. i rarely feed this plant, its main food is bright light,water, and high humidity. Hope you guys enjoy the pic.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

o

Looks great :) Did you mist the plant when you had it under lights?

o

yep, once a day.

o
New Nepenthes Pictures

I got to admit, this plant grew a lot. When i recieved it from Cook's, it only had like 3 small pitchers, after 2 months, i repotted it into a 4" pot(where is currently growing) I grew it under lights for atleast 16 hours a day in the beginning, and sprayed it once a day. Now it grows in the windowsill, that recieves atleast 4 hours of mourning lighting. here are some new pictures of the same , bigger plant.
The plant is still pitchering non-stop.
Here's another pic:
I may be repotting the plant until next year.

o

Good job. Here is a link to one of my Sanguineas I grow outside with a tiny bit of late afternoon direct sun and the rest under 50% shade cloth.

Here is a link that might be useful: N. sanguinea

o

I need some help with this plant.I can't get it to produce pitchers because they dry out when they are very little.
I would really appreciate any advice.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Carnivorous Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here