My now 4 year old Cobras

Posted by tommyr z6 NY (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 23, 11 at 17:41

Taken a few weeks ago.

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My now 4 year old Cobras

FINALLY some new pictures, it is looking great! where did you get it? I wish I had some (but that requires moolah to buy it with)! And no one ever sales em' anymore.

o

Bought it from California Carnivors. Sarracenia NOrthwest has them from time to time but they're expensive.

o

Sarracenia Northwest said that they would not be able to sale any cobras this year. not sure why?

o

Probably low on stock. They may have to wait until they have new ones big enough to sell.

o

Any tips and tricks you're willing to share? I just bought some cobras from CC. I've done a ton of reading on these guys, but any useful information that you've gotten from a year of caring for them would be great!

o

I keep mine is dappled Sun, mostly bright shade. They sit in a water tray and I overhead water once a day. They get dormancy in my fridge from around Mid October to about the first week or two of March.

o

I've been watering once a day as well with distilled water that I keep in the refrigerator. It sounds like that's enough to keep their feet nice and cool.

o
RE: My now 4 year old Cobras!

Sounds o.k., I use rainwater that sits in the shade. It's cooler than what sits in the Sun. I find they are not as picky as some say. Fun plants!

o

tommyr do you ever go on the forums of Flytrapcare.com?
whats your user name there

o

Yes. same user name.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Carnivorous Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here