Return to the Carnivorous Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's wrong with it?

Posted by ChronoKiento Eastern (dragontamerrpg@aol.com) on
Thu, Sep 19, 02 at 20:01

Hi, my VFT has a defected looking trap and i wonder whats wrong with it?

Image link: What's wrong with it? (33 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's wrong with it?

For gods sake, cant you figure these things out yourself?
ALL VFT TRAPS DIE SOMEDAY AND ARE REPLACE BY NEW ONES, SO G READ A BOOK U FLOODER

o
Defective trap

if its not the dying one youre talking about, its the flower stalk, but i wonder why its flowering at this time of year

o
duh

The one youre talking about may be a new trap that hasnt opened yet

o

The one on the right looks like it has a bug in it.

o

Oh god why are you growing it inside?

o

How can you tell that it is being grown inside? Maybe he took it inside for the picture. Plus, there is nothing wrong with growing a flytrap indoors as long as it receives enough light on a windowsill or under a growlight.

o

Ya i know, whats youre problem with growing inside?

o

There is no problem with growing them inside. While I think that VFT's are best grown either outside or in a greenhouse where they can get more light, they can easily grown inside either near a bright window or in an artificially lit terrarium. So long as you give them a dormancy period there is nothing wrong with growing them inside.

o

Well, i guess we really cant expect an intelligent response from the pitcher plant lord.

o

First i'd like to point out that the pic was 2 fuzzy for me to make anything out.. congrats to those of you who did.. secondly.. why grow inside?? why grow any plant inside if you have that attitude.... third(ly) ..Vic...these message forums are ment for discussion and information exchange.. people dont always know everything.. and come here to learn and ask questions.... so therefore:

"Well, i guess we really cant expect an intelligent response ..."

+

"For gods sake, cant you figure these things out yourself? ... SO G READ A BOOK U FLOODER"

=

you proving your point

o

I was about to ask a question but i think i'll stay away from this forum cause it seems a little aggressive 8/

o

the pic IS in fact 2 fuzzy to make out. so you cant actualy tell what is the problem. gees dont fight over such a little thing. victorjf4, u cant actualy tell if it is dead,the pic was way to fuzzy.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Carnivorous Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here