Return to the Carnivorous Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pinguicula Primaflora 'rose'

Posted by icenine (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 31, 08 at 17:02

Does anyone know where i can get this cultivar? I saw a picture, and i've sort of fallen in love with the plant. I dont have much to trade, but i am willing to buy it off someone.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pinguicula Primaflora 'rose'

Do you mean Primuliflora? I'm not sure about the 'rose' cultivar, but I know at least 4 different vendors are selling Primuliflora, and it would be worth emailing them to see which kind they have. California Carnivores has it, Hortus Botanicus has it, Black Jungle has it, and Cook's Carnivorous Plants has it. As for whether or not they are the "rose" cultivar is questionable but worth looking into.

o

I wsih I had a picture available, but my plant is sending up a flower scape. Instead of the light iris color, it has this funky turquoisie striated color.

o

I'm not sure if you are still interested but here's a site which shows pics of P. primuliflora "Rose". Because the pics may be copyright, here's a link instead: icps.proboards105.com/index.cgi?board=pinguicula&action=display&thread=1993

It is indead a beautiful plant, can't wait to get my hands to a clone. The flowers do not produce seeds so it can only be propagated by cloning.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Carnivorous Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here