Return to the Carnivorous Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I need some beginner advice

Posted by luisito8m 9 (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 30, 12 at 17:28

Hello,

I've been reading A LOT about carnivorous plants, and I would like to grow my own, seems that is pretty tricky but I wanna try.

There is still 1 more thing I must know, what type of soil/medium do VFTs need? I would appreciated specific names and specific ratios.

Thanks!! :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I need some beginner advice

Plain old peat moss and Perlite (NOT Miracle grow perlite) is usually what people use. Some use sand instead of Perlite, some use long fibered sphagnum moss. It has be be free of fertilizers. A 50/50 mix of those is all you need.

o

Do you know where I could buy live s. moss? Peat moss and perlite?? online?

I've been going from webpage to webpage and no luck finding them.

I can't wait to grown my CP from seed.

o

regular peat moss is available everywhere, just don't buy Miracle grow brand. For Perlite or Peat moss Google them. Plenty of places have them. Although you should be able to find some locally.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Carnivorous Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here