Return to the Carnivorous Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is it a high-lander?

Posted by haxuan Vietnam (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 3, 10 at 21:10

I need some confirmation from the CP gurus. If a nep originates at 1500 meters above sea level, is it considered a high-lander? If so, will it prosper in lower areas?

Many thanks for your advice.

Xuan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is it a high-lander?

Yes. Anything above 1,000 feet. Give it the same conditions of it's native habitat.

http://www.blackjungle.com/dartfrogs/HNEP.html

o

That's anything above 1,000m NOT 1,000 feet. There's a huge difference.

o

My mistake. I stand corrected. Meters it is.

o

Thanks for the info.

Xuan

o

Hi
The usual rule is about 4/5 degrees cooler per 1000 meters but a much more striking difference is night time lows are much cooler. I find warm growing plants much more tolerant of cold than cool growers are of heat. I suspect mainly because of the day/ night difference??
gary

o

Thanks, Gary. From what you've said, I should not move the neps down to lowland, correct?

Xuan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Carnivorous Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here