Return to the Carnivorous Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cephalotus Stratification FAIL

Posted by mildew none (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 15, 14 at 15:28

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I left Cephalotus Folliculari seeds between some coffee filters, moisten it, threw in bag, left in fridge.

Checked them today, and it had some slight mold on them. Removed to clean them, but the seeds are very soft and soggy now.

Is this a failed attempt at stratifying the seeds?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cephalotus Stratification FAIL

Sounds like it, yeah. :( I've never attempted to sow carnivorous seeds but I do grow some cephalotus. The things they HATE above all is too much humidity and not enough airflow. I don't imagine the seeds would be different.

o

That's what I thought thanks.

I'll just start with a live plant instead.

o

A good plant will send off offshoots which grow a lot quicker than seeds anyway. I recently repotted a C. Squat Clone... 3 months later I have two babies that are about to start putting out adult pitchers. I must've broke a root or something by accident.

o

You can try fungicide with suffer base. I been using Lilly Miller 1 lb. Garden Sulfur mix with 4 ppm water. It works well with most plant even with cephalotus

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Carnivorous Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here