Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mattmega4

was in Brazil for a while

mattmega4
14 years ago

Hey so this is my first dormancy/winter with my CP's and I was in Brazil for a study abroad class all January. I had a friend check up on my plants for me while i was gone but i don't know how often she did. She told me the cat liter box was overflowing with water when she did check (guess it rained a lot in CA)

The plants look the same as when I left them in late December, but is there anyway to determine if they are still alive and just dormant?

Also the Cobraplant.com podcast says towards late Jan i should trim off the older leaves to allow sunlight to reach the new leaves..ill obviously trim off any dead leaves, but if the leaf is still green or orangish red should i trim it

i have a purple pitcher, minor, and flava...then 2 vft (the fly traps only have like 3 traps per plant..all low to the ground and barely open..there are a few baby traps that have not grown since i last saw them..never even opened)

I hope they are still alive and just dormant because i would love to see them come up fresh in the spring

I can post pics if you want

Comments (3)

Sponsored