Return to the Carnivorous Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Dewless sundew PIC

Posted by sundew21 usda 7 (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 25, 09 at 19:13

Photobucket

My one lance leaf that is dewless that sits by the window sill on the westside of the house.

Photobucket

Me making baby sundew's....

Photobucket

My almost dead sundew.

Photobucket

My hairy sundew... its dewless

Photobucket

My butterwort plant looking sexy....

Photobucket

My plants. What can I do to make my sundews healthier? What type of light should I use for them thats non flouresent? Any help would be appreciated. How can I grow them on the window sill and keep my sundews full of dew?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Dewless sundew PIC

Give them time! They do not look too bad yet IMHO. The Butterwort looks fine right now as does the VFT. Just remember the VFT is NOT an indoor plant.

Have patients!

o

Just time and light and they should perk up.

o

First off D. adelae prefers shady conditions and if you are giving it as much light as the Dionaea then you are burning the leaves. Try placing some frosted glass or shade cloth in between the lights and the adelae or move it away from the lights.

o

d. Adelae needs bright,indirect light to do well. Mine are in a west facing window and get LATE afternoon Sun only. Give yours some time!

o

tommyr D. adelae will grow 'under' a GH bench.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Carnivorous Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here