Return to the Carnivorous Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Breaking Dormancy

Posted by mattmega4 9 (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 19, 10 at 20:56

Which would typically break dormancy first or are they all roughly the same time
vft
drosera capensis
serracenia:
flava
minor
purpurea

and when abouts do CP's come out of dormancy (in california)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Breaking Dormancy

D. capensis is not a temperate plant.

o
REE: Breaking Dormancy

A veteran grower in San Jose has many flower stalks that have been growing for a couple of weeks. If you are seeing no growth then you may have kept them too wet. These plants are not the easiest to care for. There are strict guide lines you have to follow. Cold and wet=rot.

o

well im not too worried about the sundew
long story..i thought id have a green house for it..didnt so just had to keep it out with my other plants so if it died then ill have to live with that

we've only had about 5 days of warm weather where i am in ca..on the purpurea..i saw some new growth..but nothing yet on the other pitcher plants or vft

the roots didnt look rotted when i repotted them last week (except for the sundew)
http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/carnivor/hpgal0220564814655.html?2

o

The vfts and sarrs rhizomes and roots look good. I see some new growth on them. What is your average temp right now?

o

Well when it was sunny last week id say like 60s
but this week its high 50s
according to weather.com
should i still be spraying fungicide btw?

o

They should be ok w/o the fungicide. Just keep an eye on them. It won't be long now before they start actively growing. Mine are still in the frige but looking good. About a month to go for me.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Carnivorous Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here