Return to the Carnivorous Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What type of Ping is this?

Posted by johnnyb OH (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 6, 07 at 12:18

http://i16.tinypic.com/2zfn607.jpg

It looks really cool and almost "sponge-like". I'm trying to find out its name and does anyone know where I could get one?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What type of Ping is this?

Do you have a Photobucket account? If so, then copy and paste the Tag link to post the picture or copy and paste the link to the Optional link.

o

Ok, an attempt to post pic in forum:

Photobucket

o

I have no idea what kind of Ping. that is, but I must say that is an awesome pic and I want one of those for myself! Hope you can identify it:)

o

I can't tell ya what it is but I am impressed by the carnage it seems leave in its wake. :-) Do you have any other pics of it at all?

Here is a link that might be useful: Aracknight's Deadly Delights

o

Nope...no other pics...I found it on the internet some time ago and was so impressed by its look. It almost looks like styrofoam or something and I want one real bad!!

o

I found the picture on Wikipedia. It's a Pinguicula gigantea, the largest of the butterworts. Here's a link

Here is a link that might be useful: Pinguicula gigantea

o

Wow... no way I could identify it by it's leaves! Even the ones that have grown them for decades struggle with it and wait until it flowers. To me, most of them look all alike!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Carnivorous Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here