Return to the Carnivorous Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
bog planter (experiment) for the desert dweller

Posted by txcp zone 7 (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 23, 13 at 12:19

I live in the desert and because there is little to no information on growing carnivorous plants in the desert I put together a bog planter for carnivorous plants I will post the design of the bog planter at a later date the plants I will be using are Sarracenia purpurea Sarracenia dana's delight and Venus flytrap any questions or suggestions would be welcome

watch for updates

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: bog planter (experiment) for the desert dweller

There is lots of information on this site and on some of the other threads, but basically, Pitchers and VFTs require full sun and moist to wet conditions in the spring and summer and cool to cold, somewhat drier but still moist conditions in the winter. (This is when they rest.)
Humidity should be kept high during the growing season.
Serracenia spp can take colder temps than VFTs.

o
RE: bog planter (experiment) for the desert dweller

• Posted by txcp none (My Page) on
    Mon, Mar 25, 13 at 0:29

And the title of the page is
bog planter (experiment) for the desert dweller

I am documenting an experiment

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Carnivorous Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here