Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tyrex1975

Any advice on maturing my VFT?

tyrex
14 years ago

Hello all,

I'm the very proud owner of this Venus Fly Trap, purchased in a fairly sorry state from a local garden centre in early 2009.

I've spent a lot of time, energy - and distilled water - bringing her back to life, and she seems to really enjoy the large amount of heat and sun available in my conservatory. I'm judging that by the number of traps and how quickly she drinks her water, she is in a pretty healthy state now. See pictures below for a better idea.

{{gwi:548302}}

{{gwi:548303}}

Now for my dilemma:

She's so busy putting out more and more traps, that I'm beginning to wonder whether things a getting a little cramped in that 4" pot. The question is, now that it has been dormant over the last couple of winter months, does my plant need repotting at this stage?

I'm not a big lover of repotting as it tends to take the plant a while to recover and given how energetic she is at the moment, I'm keen not to put her into shock.

I'm also a bit of a novice in the house plants department, so can anyone recommend where to go from here? If any of you owned this plant, what would you be doing?

Thanks in advance!

Tyron

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations