Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cj_speciosa

Never go dormant Fly traps

cj_speciosa
11 years ago

Hello,

I've been reading a ton since finding this forum a few days ago...My girlfriend would say I'm "obsessed" with it. I'm an avid plant collector and have recently decided to start increasing my collection of carnivores.......

Anyway, I had this VFT for a little over two years now and I've never heard of letting it go dormant until a few days ago. Consensus seems to be if you don't hibernate it, it will wither away and die within a year. From personal experience, I find this not to be true.

I've moved it to a new location which gets much more sun a few months ago and as you can see, the new traps although shorter stemmed, are larger and have now added red to their color. It's actually getting healthier.

It's also flowered a few times during the time I've had it but I've always cut the stalk before I let it bloom. I thought for some reason if it bloomed and flowered, I would lose it.

Seeing as I'm now sentimentally attached to this plant, I certainly wouldn't want to lose it because of something I did wrong. Can anyone chime in here and give me your opinions as to why this thing just keeps going and going despite never "resting"

Thanks.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Traditional Hardwood Floors LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Your Industry Leading Flooring Refinishers & Installers in Columbus