Return to the Carnivorous Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
d filiformis tracyi

Posted by ace209er ca (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 3, 13 at 15:10

Helli i recently purchased a filiformis tracyi i wanted to c if anybody new how fast do they grow. I alao have a vft coming out of dormancy should i trim off all the winter traps to make room for new growth or just leave them and cut them of when they get black. If anybody has any info an u please help me out. One more question i am verfy interestedin purchasing a nepenthes but i hear they are hard to grow any recomendations for indoor growing a nephenthes in northern california the central valler to be exact.
Thank you Abel aceves

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: d filiformis tracyi

On the VFT just cut off the black stuff, leave the green stuff alone.

o

Ok thanks

o

Ok thanks

o

Drosera filiformis is a relatively fast growing sundew once they come out of dormancy. They are similar in culture to VFT and they can be grown together outside in the summertime in direct sunlight, with some shade during the heat of the day.
In Fall/Winter, reduce watering and keep plants between 40-50 degrees F either in an unheated basement or in the fridge.I like to keep mine in the basement, on the cold floor, and just moist, not wet. To water in wintertime, I use snow from outside to keep both cool and moist.
I put mine outside after threat of frost has past. You can put them out as early as April if you cover them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Carnivorous Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here