Return to the Carnivorous Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
D. Capensis seed Q

Posted by goofy_507 none (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 4, 14 at 16:04

Quick question, can drosera capensis seeds tolerate cold(0-10F) for about a week? The reason I ask this is because I'm looking for some, and was wondering if they will be viable after shipping them in temps like that. Oh, and will this likely affect the germination rate greatly? If anybody wants to part with some seeds email me at hunteraevans@hotmail.com I will send a SASE! And will deffinately work with you on a trade as soon as I get a collection! I will remember you!!! Thnx, and wish everybody great growing!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: D. Capensis seed Q

I don't have any seeds for you(as I've never been able to obtain any from my own plants) but I would think they should be okay with a 72 hour heat pack added.

o
RE: D. Capensis seed Q

Capensis seed will not last with that temp... But you should consider leaf cutting. It works way faster

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Carnivorous Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here