Return to the Carnivorous Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sphagnum Moss NOT compact

Posted by mildew none (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 6, 14 at 16:14

Where can I order dried sphagnum moss and not the compact stuff?

Ordered some compacted moss, and this stuff was junk. This stuff falls apart when hydrated. Not as fluffy as the non compact stuff. Every bit of it was almost shredded.

Use to order from private sellers, but the either don't stock anymore, or switched over to the compact junk.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sphagnum Moss NOT compact

I always just get the Orchid Moss grade from local stores- avoid the Mosser Lee as it is notorious for bad quality and "extra stuff" in there you don't want. I only really use LFS as a pot hole filler anyway. Down here it is far too humid for something that tends to mildew as easily as LFS.

o
RE: Sphagnum Moss NOT compact

I've decided to use it has bottom layer for pots and also use it for starting seeds, since it's already falling apart no need to shred.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Carnivorous Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here