Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fiercedeity2

Wistuba delivery time

FierceDeity2
14 years ago

How long does it take for Wistuba in Germany to deliver plants to oh say... USA? So far I've only got an order confirmation and a payment confirmation. I haven't gotten a shipment confirmation. So it's been 4 days now with no word back from them about when my Nepenthes will ship. Anyone with prior history with this company care to share any personal experiences?

Comments (13)

• terrestrial_man
    14 years ago

No need to worry. Mr. Wistuba is a man of his word.
    You will be kept informed over the course of time that the plant is shipped to you. Note though that my experience is that orders to US customers are sent piggyback-that is a number of orders to various customers are sent to a distributor who handles all the legal import paperwork and then he/she repackages and sends them out. This is done as expeditiously as possible.

• FierceDeity2
    Original Author
    14 years ago

So basically what your saying is that he makes a mass shipment of plants over to America and has them distributed to various customers through out the USA. So like at the end of the month he collects all the orders and sends them off... Something like that. Right?

All in all how long did it take from purchase to delivery? A rough idea would help settle my mind.

• terrestrial_man
    14 years ago

I have no idea on what the current time frame would be. I am sure it has changed over the past several years.
    But you can email them and ask them about it.
    nepenthes@wistuba.com

• FierceDeity2
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Ok, that works for me. I suppose they'll come when they come. Thanks for the help mate.

• banjoman
    13 years ago

Fierce Deity,

I'm just starting with a Wistuba order where you were in March. How long did it take for your plants from order date online until delivery date in the U.S.

Also, did your order include Heliamphora, and if so, what kinds and how did they turn out?

Thanks.

• byron_1
    13 years ago

I just had mine sent. When they arrive, I will tell you how long it took. You guys probably are in the same batch as mine. So did any one got the email that the plants are on their way?

• FierceDeity2
    Original Author
    13 years ago

@ banjoman
    I received mine on 6/6/10. I believe Wistuba sends out 2 shipments a year, or something like that. DON'T buy the Villosa, they are super small (less then a dime) and die VERY easily.

Sorry, but I'm a strict Nepenthes grower. However I've been informed that he has some of the best Heliamphora's on the market. So I wouldn't be too concerned about buying them off him.

@ byron_1
    Mr. Wistuba will send you a confirmation notice when the time comes. Try not to email him too much, I don't think he likes it.

• byron_1
    13 years ago

Yes, he just sent me one a day ago. He is actually Dr. Andreas Wistuba. He is a taxonomist and botanist.

• banjoman
    13 years ago

Byron,
    I received an invoice (Rechnung) by email a couple of days ago stating a "scheduled date" of 11/2010. I guess the plants will either be sent or delivered sometime during the month of November. That's at least some information.

Fierce,
    It looks like you ordered your plants on March 13 and received them 3 full months later on June 6. I guess I may have some waiting time ahead of me.

But given the reputation of Wistuba and their Heliamphora expertise, I'm expecting some very special CPs.

• banjoman
    13 years ago

Byron,

Have you heard anything more about your order from Wistuba? I'm still waiting and haven't heard anything.

BTW, last weekend I was in Prague (Czech Republic), and I went to their Botanical Gardens. They have the most complete publically displayed Heliamphora collection in the world. I took a bunch of pictures. All were blooming - hundreds of Heliamphora flowers.

Jon

• taz6122
    13 years ago

I would be very leery of accepting Nov-Apr as a shipping date for Nepenthes or any other tropical plant unless the arrive within 3 days and are shipped with a heat pack.

• banjoman
    13 years ago

Byron,

I just received notification from Wistuba that my plants should finally arrive next week. You probably got the same. Let me know if you are happy with your plants when they arrive.

Jon

• banjoman
    13 years ago

I received 5 Heliamphora plants yesterday from Wistuba.
    H. hispida, H. neblinae (red clone), H. chimantensis, H. nutans and H. heterodoxa x nutans.

They appear to be in great health, but I was surprised that they all arrived bare root.

Since I've never potted up heliamphora before, I wonder if anyone has suggestions/comments on the method I used:

With their roots still wrapped loosely in sphagnum moss, I soaked the roots of each for 15 minutes in a Superthrive solution (1/2 teaspoon per 1/2 gallon distilled water). I left the roots loosely wrapped in some sphagnum moss and planted them gently in a heliamphora mix I had purchased from Sarracenia Northwest (pre-wetted). I covered the top of each pot with a thin layer of sphagnum moss (from home depot).

Hopefully, the sphagnum moss that I left around the roots will not rot and affect the roots.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks.

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio