Return to the Carnivorous Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Venus Fly Trap Seeds

Posted by obchili 3 (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 15, 14 at 22:54

Hi there. I am involved in mainly peppers, and found this forum here. So, my dad has been mentioning wanting a fly trap. I cannot buy any locally, and have only been taken by buying seeds on a well known auction site, on more than one occasion. So, is there anybody here that may be able to point me in the right direction to obtaining seeds for this beautiful 'Thing', so I may start one and give it to him on Fathers Day, or his birthday in July. I am sure that there is more than one variety of this plant, but really do not care what variety I may be lead to. Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Venus Fly Trap Seeds

Venus Flytrap seeds take a LONG TIME to reach adulthood. You're better off ordering one from an online vendor like Sarracenia Northwest or California carnivores.

o

Thanks, but will not ship internationally. Will just have to source some viable seeds and do it the old fashioned way. If they take a while, it may be a Christmas present then.

o

I have a contain with 3 year old seedlings and you still need a magnifying glass to get a good look at them.

o

Ok. I get your message. I did not realize that it took THAT long. Thanks. Will try looking around locally.

o

What kind of hot pepper do you have? I am willing to trade VF for pepper seeds

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Carnivorous Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here