Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
quinnfyre

Do older leaves on D. adelae eventually produce dew?

quinnfyre
15 years ago

Just for curiosity's sake... I got a Drosera adelae shipped to me, and it was a little stressed from the shipping process, partially because it had been wrapped in newspaper and the newspaper got really damp, clamping itself around the plant instead of providing cushioning. Mainly, it looked fine. I've had it for about a month or so, and the newer leaves look great, lots of dew, good red color, and already some new plantlets starting up around the main part of the plant. But the older leaves are completely dewless, and don't look like they plan on producing any. Most of them don't even look bad, otherwise.

It's in a south facing window, set back about 6-8 inches, and I water it with distilled water, leaving about a quarter inch in the saucer beneath. I check it daily, so it never dries out.

Drosera capensis has a similar problem, but only very mildly. Most of it is producing dew. It is much closer to the window, maybe only about 3 inches away. I'm enjoying checking it daily for gnats, which it is successfully catching.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor