Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cutterpup

Orchid grower is hooked by new CPs

cutterpup
16 years ago

Hi all. I'm not new to GW but am new to this forum. (I usually hang out in orchids). Last week I received two Drosera capensis from a fellow member and have gotten hooked. I've put these guys among the orchids on my light bench on Wednesday. By Thursday they had uncurled. By Friday they both had dew and yesterday they had both caught plenty of fungus gnats. Plus they are so darn cute.

Okay, now here is my problem. I have been doing a lot of web surfing and am still somewhat confused as which would be the best plants (other than more tropical sundews)for me to try. I want to keep them with the orchids so here are my growing conditions:

Four bulb flourescent light bench with two warm spectrum and two cool spectrum bulbs. I can raise individual plants as high or as low as needed from the lights. Temps are between 65 and 70 degrees with a nightly drop of about ten degrees. Humidity stays between 54%-60%. A low output circulating fan is run during the day. I live in zone seven and can easily put plants outside for the warmer months but would like to bring them back in again and enjoy them for the winter, not have them be dorment.

My final requirement is that they do not have a mature growth greater than eight inches or so in height or require pots bigger than six inches.

Thanks in advance,

Judy

Comments (3)

Sponsored