Return to the Carnivorous Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sarracenia question

Posted by carnivoor (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 12, 08 at 10:30

I bought myself a little Sar. 2 weeks ago. My first CP and I've been searching for information so it wouldn't die on me in a few weeks.It grew a bigger new pitcher already and looks it's doing OK.
The tag said only Sarracenia ,and it looks like it's some Sarracenia leucophylla hybrid.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Can anyone tell me how often I can expect a new pitcher? I can cee a little pointy thingy on one of the sides of the plant but I'm not sure if it's a new pitcher or something else.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sarracenia question

Patience! More will come! After last frost put it in direct Sun all day, keep it in a tray of rain or distilled water only, NO TAP or bottled water. These are great plants and lots of fun to grow.

o

New pitchers can take a few weeks to grow in. It is all according to the amount of light the plant gets, how warm the weather is, and what species it is. My S. hybrids take about 2-3 weeks to fully produce new pitchers. Thos epitchers will last for months, so their is no rush to make more for these plants unlike the speedy growth found in sundews.

o

Thanks, I'll keep an eye on the pointy thingy and see if it grows. I just thought I'd ask since I never had a CP before. It's now in front of a window because it's still to cold out here(sub zero temps at night).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Carnivorous Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here