Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
leonardocorn_8

Lowes VFT

leonardocorn_8
13 years ago

I want to know what are some things to look for in a VFT that show health and what to do once I get the plant from Lowes to help it survive.

Comments (8)

• jenion
    13 years ago

You ought to search this forum for "death cube" or add Lowe's to that. There's plenty of info regarding this topic over the last couple of years.

Here is a link that might be useful: GardenWeb Death Cube Search

• tommyr_gw Zone 6
    13 years ago

Google is your friend. I wish people would use it more, 99% of answers can be found on Google. Type the same question on Google and you'll have plenty to read!

• leonardocorn_8
    Original Author
    13 years ago

google is useful but sometimes it gives you different or unreliable answers

• VenusGuardian
    12 years ago

Just wondering, is anyone actually going to answer this person's question or just redirect them? Redirecting seems pretty pointless as this is the perfect place to come with VFT questions

• taz6122
    12 years ago

Try reading the directions to the forum. A simple search will reveal all the answers and people get tired of answering the same questions over and over. That's NOT what this forum is for. If you don't know how to use the search function try asking THAT question.

• JoppaRich
    12 years ago

If you're tired of answering the same questions, then don't answer them.

Didn't grandma always say "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything"?

Telling people to Google things is a giant waste of time, as most often, they're here because they don't know exactly what words to use in the search.

• hunterkiller03
    12 years ago

My grandma always told me that too, but I ignored her and said them anyways. Even very bad stuff.

Anyways, a healthy looking VFT have small petiole, that is the usually heart shape bottom leaf, and the trap is often large. And if it receives adequate sunlight, the inside of the traps are red. But usually for begginers, it's normal if it's still green or slightly pinkish. As long it produces decent size traps, it does fine. But you shouldn't allow it to flower in that conditions

Try this link:www.pitcherplant.com/care_sheets/flytrap_care.html.

You will see why people have provided links or adviced to search the info yourself.

• 2gd2btru
    12 years ago

I dont understand something. I thought this was a FORUM where we ask and then someone who knows responds. Right? Wrong, it seems. Couldnt you just answer the guys questions, without being rude, for pete's sake!! If you are tired of answering the same questions but you know the answers, then why bother being a member here? Just bugger off and do us all a favour. Of course he can GOOGLE it, we ALL can, but we choose to discuss stuff in a forum and hope that someone will take the time to respond in a friendly, informative manner. And not diss a person off for not being informed. I presume you are Americans - you guys are SO intolerant. And bloody rude. A right bunch of A**holes. Geez....