Return to the Carnivorous Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
there's DEW!

Posted by KittieKAT Massachusetts (My Page) on
Wed, May 14, 14 at 14:36

After a lot of freaking OUT over these cape sundew (typical and alba) they are finally, getting there DEW back on there little legs!! Super excited i almost thought they were goners!

Heres a picture of 1 of my alba babies

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: there's DEW!

2small cape sundew albas

o

Medium cape sundew typical

o

My typical DEW thread looking very Dewey!

o

Nice. Sometimes you need a lot of patience with CPs.

o

That's very true

o

The last one is actually a Filiformis Tracyi. Looking good. :) All of my capes are doing well. Except for one. My Giant variety that has never, ever, ever kept dew in the same growing conditions as the other capensis. Lol.

o

Yea i kno its a dew thread but i had to add him in there too!
I'm having a problem thoe, when food Gets caught in there tentacles they aren't rolling around it, the food evntually slowly but surely gets away I've even thrown ants on the arms and the next morning the ant still be there except all the way at the bottom of the arm with ALL the DEW dragged off of the tentacles? Why aren't they feeding?? My VFT ends up getting the slimy ant at the end of the day...

o

The dew thread sundew has cause a debate among carnivorous plant botanist whether to classify Drosera filiformis var. tracyi as a separate species from Drosera filiformis var. filiformis, & call it simply as Drosera tracyi.

I side to the group that want to separate it into a seperate species and just call it D. tracyi. The reason is that D. tracyi make foot long sticky leaves compared to those of D. filiformis. var filiformis, which make traps under a foot long. The tentacles of D. tracyi are white& shorter then those of the typical D. filiformis. var filiformis, which are longer & red under bright sunlight. Finally, the leaves of D. tracyi have more tentacles compared to those of D. filiformis. var filiformis.

Either way, once your D. tracyi or whatever you want to call it, reaches flowering size, it's gonna be a big plant.

o

Nice looking Drosera. When I had my king sundew, it only got its dew after I began using the tray method.

o

I always use the tray method, but it has doubled in size then when i originally got it, i love my dewy covered plants idk why..sometimes i almost favor them over my traps...shhhhhhhhhh

o

Sundews are beautiful, almost looking like they're covered with tiny diamonds.

o

Ijust love looking at them there sooo beautiful, i just love there little dew covered arms

o

It looks nice. How did you do that? I have a sundew that seems like its dying. Someone PLEASE help. I don't want anything worse to happen. My title is call "Sundew not doing well" please tell me anything as soon as possible

o

We need more info. What type of water are you giving the plant? How much light does it get?

o

Sorry for not answering back. I give it distilled water. I give it about 4 hours of indirect sunlight. It has no dew. It doesn't even have any signs of red. It's tips are drying up including the new leaves. It is inside a terriarium with about 60 percent humid. Not sure if it's enough information also it's indoors in my kitchen. Picture is taking place outside

o

Take it OUT of the terrarium, it's not needed. Usually no dew means not enough light.

o

Will it be okay to leave it in my newly bought greenhouse out of direct sunlight even though it's 100 degrees hot outside?

o

Well what's the temp INSIDE? That is what matters!

o

The tempature is about 97

o

This is the cape sundew inside the greenhouse

o

Just to say more specifically the temp INSIDE the greenhouse is about 97 degrees

o

Get it out of there. Air movement is important to all plants. It'll be fine. Just keep it in a bright spot OUT of direct Sun.

o

Ok. Thanks for helping. :-). Just wanted my sundew to have dew

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Carnivorous Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here