Return to the Carnivorous Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
bio indicators-any and all

Posted by rockarollaman none (My Page) on
Sun, May 4, 14 at 15:01

Looking for article on bio indicators. I read this once but now I can't find it, maybe another forum. .? Was reading once about how owner wisely watched her plants for indicators of necessary changes needed to her cps environment. I think I've run into this in that many of my sarrecenia plant leaves are lying over when I come from work. The humidity is around 50%, I turn on the fogger and by the time it reaches 80% the leaves are upright again! This article contained many more and I wanted to check them out again. Any help locating this would be fantastic. Even your personal observations would be great.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: bio indicators-any and all

About Sarracenia specifically? I haven't seen the article you're talking about, only ones about bio-indicators and carnivorous plants are research papers using the plants as bio-indicators of the health of the surrounding environment they're growing in. The leaves wilt when the soil starts to get too dry as well, not just ambient humidity (I've actually never seen them get floppy over low humidity in the air.) Growth will be green and weak, pitchers uncolorful and stunted if they aren't getting enough light, or strong enough light. Temperature will also change the colors seasonally in many Sarracenia species, but that's supposed to happen. Are those the type of thing you're looking for?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Carnivorous Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here