Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pyralis42

Feeding ?'s for a first time grower

succulentlover
15 years ago

Hello.

I picked up several kinds of plants at a flower show this past March. Two VFT, two kinds of pitcher plants, a sundew and a bladderwort. I have them all in a large terrarium bowl with peat topped with sphagnum.

I ordered a container of Drosophila melanogaster, which is 1000% more than I could possibly need.

I fed my plants two weekends ago and this past weekend I noticed that there were flies here and there that had fungi growing on it. A couple were even on the sundew and bladderwort.

Did I over feed? How often should I be feeding them? Also, should I be concerned about the possibility of there being dead flies under the sphagnum?

The bladderwort has been flowering since a few weeks after I got it, and has three beautiful flowers on it. The sundew has grown like crazy and I now have a huge piece in my terrarium and another giant clump in a separate container. Plus the sundews are flowering like crazy as well, cute lil white flowers.

Here is a real quick picture I took after work today. I will try and get a better one when I can let the condensation dry a bit.

{{gwi:553848}}

Comments (4)

Sponsored