Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tropic_lover95

Another Nepenthes Miranda Help Post

tropic_lover95
14 years ago

I recently purchased a N. Miranda Pitcher plant online (petflytrap.com) the seller answered all my emails and the plant arrived in correct "soil" (1/1 coconut husk and spaghnum moss it seems) the longest pitchers on it are 10 inches long which surprised me greatly. I need to know if where i have it placed at the moment is an okay location for it. I just got it today so I'm expecting to see some decaying pitchers within the next week however it looks incredibly healthy at the time. It is hanging from the ceiling in an 8 inch basket with drainage slots, the highest leaves on it are 7 inches from the ceiling whereas the highest pitchers are about 2 feet from the ceiling, it is hanging in the corner of a room in-between a north facing window and an east facing window, I did this because I read that they like indirect sun. The temperature in the room is between 68-76 depending on the time of year however heat rises so there might be a slight difference at the ceiling. The humidity of the room is between 12% and 18% I'm guessing depending on the time of year. Any help is greatly appreciated and I'm sorry to have posted another N. Miranda thread, I will post pictures if needed, thanks.

Comments (6)

Sponsored