Return to the Carnivorous Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
nepenthes rafflesiana giant

Posted by gre4pr 6 (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 18, 14 at 3:52

Hello again. After searching for two months on the subject, I have failed in finding anyone with an answer to my inquiry. I am currently trying to find out the main difference in raising a giant form of rafflesiana. I am prepared to buy its own personal green house if needed but from what I have understood so far is that raffles don't mind growing as houseplants. Currently due to horrible shipping it is outside in the best of conditions to help it grow. It is in a lfs and perilite mix. The water used is only collected rain. It came out of shock and has grown about 1/4 inch in a half months time. Is their anything special I need to know for the giants?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: nepenthes rafflesiana giant

You've probably found out by now, but there's no real difference between growing a giant form of rafflesiana and a regular form. Both are lowlands and need to be kept warm.

o
RE: nepenthes rafflesiana giant

My understanding -- having spoken to a number of experienced nep growers (hobbyists, mainly) -- is that the lowlanders do seem to want rather high humidity. Might be something to plan ahead for with winter coming.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Carnivorous Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here