Return to the Carnivorous Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
help my sundew

Posted by darkdes (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 10, 06 at 13:13

my neighbor has a sundew but he washed off the dew on accident do you know how to get it back

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: help my sundew

if the sundew is growned in full sun(or bright light, depending upon species), then the dew will return on its own. sunlight(or bright light) is the key in order for them to generate dew on their tentacles. upon species, sundews rely more on light than on humidity to make dewy leaves.

o

It is possible that the dew may not return to the leaves it had been lost. If so, don't worry. Aslong as the plant is healthy enough and is given adequate light, the new leaves will have dew.

o

its a lance leaf so i dont think light is the problem

o

if it's a lance leaf, then just be patient with it. you may acclimate it in a bright shade spot. these sundews aren't great candidates outdoors.

o

The dew will come back, it's takes a week or so. Bright indirect light is the key it seems. Patients is the key!

Tom

o

Darkdes,

I had been very frustrated with a lance leaf - The new leaves kept shriveling up and turning brown, and not producing dew. I put a dome over it with a few holes to minimize fungus formation, and the lance leaf is starting to come back nicely. This may help if your lance leaf is really doing poorly.

Jon

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Carnivorous Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here